September 29th, 2021
The Town Council has stated that all recreation facilities will be implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program in Drumheller. This means that to access the Memorial Arena for Drumheller Dragons games, people ages 12 and over will be required to provide on of the following:
1. Proof of vaccination
- Valid photo identification that matches the vaccine record (only required for adults 18 and over)
- Valid paper or digital vaccine record that shows name, vaccine type and date of administration:
- From September 20 to October 25: proof of partial vaccination (one dose) is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service.
- First dose example: participants who have received their first vaccination on September 20, would be able to access the facility on October 4
- After October 25: proof of full vaccination (two doses) is required.
- Second dose example: participants as of October 25 must have their second dose prior to October 11
2. Proof of a privately-paid negative test result taken within 72 hours of game.
3. Documentation of a medical exemption from an accredited medical professional.
Masks are mandatory inside the Memorial Arena at all times unless eating or drinking.
This program will allow the Dragons to operate at full capacity and will ensure the team can participate in a full season.
The Dragons ask our supporters for patience and understanding. After a challenging 2020-2021 season, the Dragons are determined to provide a safe environment for our players to continue to play and for our supporters the ability to be in the rink supporting them. We ask all supporters to please respect these requirements and be patient with all staff and volunteers.
For the full story from the Town of Drumheller visit https://www.drumheller.ca/your-municipality/news/post/council-advises-recreation-facilities-to-implement-restrictions-exemption-program